Saturday, February 25, 2012

MYVI Brake master pump repair kit replacement

In this thread I gonna show I've replace brake master pump with the repair kit. I've perform this operation on my wife myvi 1.3 AT with ABS. The symptom is the brake pedal will go straight away to floor when press the pedal while driving. Everytime has to pump it 2-3 times until can feel the brake operate.

 Tools needed
1- C clip plier
2- 12 mm spanner
3- 10 mm spanner
4- 8 mm spnanner
5- tubing
6- bottle
7- 10 mm open end hexagon spanner


1- Contain of repair kit
Repair kit


2- First thing to do is to drain brake fluid from the container. Then I can proceed to next step remove the master pump.

 3- Before I can remove master pump, I have to remove steering fluid container so that I can have wider work space.




4- Then by using this tool (this tool is a must), else I will rounded the brake hose nut. There is 2 nut to be remove. Better to put a cloth underneath it becoz there will be brake fluid dripping.



5- Remove 2 nut that hold the master pump at servo body. Then I can took out the master pump assy.




6- When I got master pumpin my hand, firstly I have to remove C clip by using C clip plier. After that I can remove 2 oil seal that hold by the C clip. Sorry forgot to take picture for this step.


7- Inside the master pump, it consist 2 pistons, 2 springs and a pin. Will show the pic later. I can remove 1st piston easily after remove the oil seal and I can see 2nd piston inside but can remove it. Why? coz it hold by a pin.

 8- So I've to remove container to get the pin out. I use a nail and hammered at pin that hold the container.


9- Now I can see the pin that hold 2nd piston. I push in 2nd piston and tap master pump body in my hand to get the pin out.


10- With 2nd piston already outside, now I got the answer. Oil seal for the piston already tear.





11- Replace all the items that comes with repair kit and put it back in reverse order.

 12- After installation finished, I have to bleed the brake fluid. Bro IZSO already post how to bleed brake fluid. I also build my own tool to bleed brake fluid as picture below. I just put a check valve in the middle of the tube so that I can perform brake fluid bleeding by myself.

20 comments:

  1. Bro, you are one of the TRUE DIY sifu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sifu la bro, it just a hobby. Like you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This DIY is very helpful, but I hope I wouldn’t have to use this. I was afraid of damaging my car, though I know I have to make an effort to try. Still, I prefer having a professional mechanic to do the job for me, and I have to admit that when it comes to my cars, I’m really playing safe. Anyway, I shared this post to my friends and they loved it! :)

    -- Michelina Douglass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so sad that you can’t use this DIY tutorial since you’re afraid of damaging your car. As car owners, it’s better that we know how to repair our cars ‘cause I can’t guarantee that your mechanic is always there to work on your car. Well, unless your mechanic is your partner. :) Just some friendly advice :)

      [ Mickey Doshi ]

      Delete
  4. Nice post! You sure have passion in cars and other stuff about it. But if you want to repair something inside it and your not sure on what to do especially in the brakes. Then you can count on the real expert. It's the Brakes-4-less.com! They perform 1000's of quality brake jobs per month for LESS money than any other brake store in town! People ask them, "How can you repair and service brakes for so little?"... well its simple. All they do are brakes! They buy their quality brake parts directly from the manufacturer and pass the savings on directly to their customers!
    brake repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can u show by using video. I cant get it since im not mechanics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry bro. No Video taken while repairing the brake. Since you are not confidence, better send it to reputable mechanics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that steering fluid container, the cap is loose? i cant tight it ... my car juz 1 year.really frust.how can make it tight?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Berapa harga alat ganti myvi break master pump?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2016 price 350per service with change the pump in workshop for my myvi2008.
    After chabge only saw this master's post.i have another question, the workman said the pump unfunction and how to know it not function anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2016 price 350per service with change the pump in workshop for my myvi2008.
    After chabge only saw this master's post.i have another question, the workman said the pump unfunction and how to know it not function anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first place why u change the brake pump? U must know that thing malfunction before replace. Symptoms brake pump malfunction is u need to pump brake pedal until u feel brake grip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice and useful information about brake repair. I really liked it.
    Good work.

    Brake Repair in Raleigh NC

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work! wheel alignment Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  14. We want to share, what we think will be 11 tips to avoid a mishap or accident this coming week long break and hope that you reading this will share it with your friends and family. Let’s start with the most obvious. The hand phone. If you are trave CarwaxInfo Best Brake Fluid for your Car to Avoid Mishap

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many Autos is the best ABS pump,Abs Sensor, Abs rings spare part company in Reading, United Kingdom. We also provide free collection and Delivery service from your home or place of work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many Autos is the best ABS pump,Abs Sensor, Abs rings spare part company in Reading, United Kingdom. We also provide free collection and Delivery service from your home or place of work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greeting Mr Kimi, do you have any idea what is the nut size and pitch for the brake line?

    ReplyDelete

Expand storage for Openwrt router

If he router has very low storage, in my case router is DIR-842. Here is tutorial to expend storage using USB flash drive.  Original guide i...