Friday, July 18, 2014

Problem with rough idle. Part 2... with minor repair

Rough idle has continue with worst way. Car jerking during idle and cruising. I suspect there is something wrong with spark plug firing system. Either spark plug cord, distributor or spark plug.
On my way back home, drop by to half cut shop to buy a set of spark plug cord. Also went to spare part shop to buy spark plug and fuel filter. Fuel filter was removed previously due to lean fuel inside combustion chamber. 
From Feroza HD engine workshop manual (can be download from HERE), NGK spark plug code is BKR6E11. 


What I have found from my engine if spark plug with differ code. It is BK5E, not BKR6E11.



Here is BKR6E-11 spark plug.

After replaced spark plug with cord, engine idle better than before. I also reset ecu to clear error code (it has error code 41, 42 and 43) for better performance and relearn. I will check ecu error code later to confirm if the is still error occur.

I also replace fuel filter as the old one already partial clogged. The filter is not 100% identical with original one, but as long it can be function as filter it is ok for me. Relay sitting beside fuel filter is for starter.

Then I also replace breather hose as old hose already cracked. First hose that is use is thick hose. It is multi purpose hose. Since the hose is too thick, it is hard to bend it like original hose. It look ugly, red color, thick and long hose.



So I replace with other hose, coil hose. I look better from my eye sight. Steel coil inside the hose will prevent the hose from kink at the bend section.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Expand storage for Openwrt router

If he router has very low storage, in my case router is DIR-842. Here is tutorial to expend storage using USB flash drive.  Original guide i...