Sunday, June 17, 2012

4age20v ISCV CAI trick

Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result.


I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber.

Then I got this idea. 

Make a CAI (cold air intake) for ISCV (idle speed control valve) and split the ISCV intake from main intake hose.

Original condition of ISCV is same as below.



Then take another hose to make individual hose to feed air to ISCV. Put the end of the hose in front of the engine to avoid hot air from engine bay. Modified hose is as below.



Actual picture for the CAI that I've install is like this.


Ignore the cheap water hose that I've been using. This is for temporary testing. Probably I'll replace to a better hose later.

As far I've been using this mod, I can felt better throttle response coz lower intake air temp are feed into combustion chamber.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Expand storage for Openwrt router

If he router has very low storage, in my case router is DIR-842. Here is tutorial to expend storage using USB flash drive.  Original guide i...