Monday, April 29, 2013

Oil cooler with oil filter relocate.

 In this topic I write about oil cooler with oil filter relocate that have been done to my car. Basic oil cooler with remote oil filter is like a diagram below.   




Oil cooler with internal fin has better heat dissipation.



In this picture below is my all the kit that are used in this project. Not all the fitting had been used and hoses not included in the picture.



I have weld a fitting to the oil cooler so that I can attach 45 degree fitting onto it.




I've also cut and welded 2 fittings to became 1 as per below picture. I need the fitting to connect between oil cooler adapter.




Then, I've mount the oil cooler just behind a bumper. The oil cooler bracket are nicely fit with original screw that already had in my car. Just need a little bracket to mount it. Sorry no picture for the oil cooler mount.


After measured and confirmed the fitting angle, I went to hydraulic fitting shop to make this kind of hoses. The shop owner recommend me to use hydraulic hose as it thick and heavy duty. But the is one problem, the problem is this kind of hose are to hard to route.



I used a threadlock to seal and lock the fitting. Threadlocker will prevent the fitting to loosen from vibration and it will seal the fitting thread.



After all things have been installed.


Then I've replaced the oil filter adapter with thicker and stronger bracket.







5 comments:

  1. I like this very much valuable blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is very interesting and valuable.If you are searching for any hydraulic seal kit then you can visit-Hydraulic Cylinder Seal kit.


    Regards,
    Barker Marine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Very Nice Post
    Your Post sounds interesting. You can get various Oil filters, Purifiers on Guma Tech Marine Services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!This post seems Knowledgeable & Interesting.
    We are also leading stockists & re-conditioners of Used Ship Spares. You can drop your inquiries and we will acknowledge you asap on our ABHI Marine pvt ltd website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abhi Marine Services Authorised Marine Machinery and Spare part Suppliers all over the world.

    ReplyDelete

Expand storage for Openwrt router

If he router has very low storage, in my case router is DIR-842. Here is tutorial to expend storage using USB flash drive.  Original guide i...